After four years of late night study sessions, countless tests and an extreme amount of hard work, graduation is sixteen days away for the class of 2018.
With that in mind, many seniors have been planning their graduation parties. Graduation parties are the time for families and friends to come together to celebrate all of their beloved graduates' hard work.
Places in Crete to host a party include Elle’s on Main, Veterans and Friends and the Brewhouse. Others host their party at family and friends' homes or at venues in neighboring cities, such as Wilber, Lincoln or Kramer.
The venue is not always the hardest part of the planning process; other necessities to consider include the caterer of the party, the theme of the party and activities for the party.
For an outdoor graduation party, consider these activities, according to BuzzFeed:
- Volleyball or badminton
- Cornhole (a lawn game in which players take turns throwing bags of corn (or bean bags) at a raised platform with a hole in the far end, according to wikepedia)
- Giant water pong (traditional beer pong, only with trash cans (or buckets) replacing the cups and volley balls (or cheap rubber balls from the toy section of Walmart or Target) replacing the ping pong balls.)
- Lawn Twister (use circular stencils and spray paint to turn your lawn into a game board)
- Giant Jenga (use 2x4 pieces to make a super-sized version of the famous stacking game)
For an indoor graduation party try these activities out, according to Play Party Plan:
- Oh the place you’ll go (set up seven buckets close to each other on one side of the room and tape a line about ten feet away on the other side of the room. On each bucket, place a piece of tape and write one of the seven continents. To play, players must stand behind the taped line and either toss or bounce ping pong balls across the room and get a ball to land in each of the seven buckets)
- Don’t blow it (Put your tassel on the ground and kneel down behind it. Players must blow on the tassel using the straw to get it from one side of the room to the other and back)
- A piece of advice (Before the game, print out one piece of advice paper and one advice letters person team. Cut up the advice word into individual letters, so each team has one set of the letters A-D-V-I-C-E. Place letters into six balloons of one color then blow up the balloons. Repeat for each team in different colors. You’ll have one set of balloons with the letters ADVICE inside for each team. Tape up the piece of advice papers on the wall or a table across the room.To play, the player must pop the balloons using only their hands (no teeth, no feet, no sitting, etc.) to get the letters out the balloons. Once they’ve retrieved all the letters, they must unscramble the letters and fill in the blanks on the Piece of Advice paper)
Whether the party is indoor or outdoor, don’t forget to:
- Put up a photo wall or photo booth
- Serve delicious, easy to eat food
- Decorate according to theme or color of choice
- Make a card box
- Designate a gift table or area
Graduation will take place May 12 in Cassel Theatre at 2:30 p.m., according to the Doane website.